Our Richmond Shower and Bathtub Installation Services
Bathroom remodeling entails a host of tasks. For example, you can opt for shower installation, bath door installation or repair, tiling, fixtures, faucet replacements, bathtub installation, etc. Unfortunately, all these items can get affected over time due to mold, wear and tear, leakages, and the tests of time. If left untreated, they can wreak havoc on your fittings. Moreover, mold and mildew can spread fast onto the vents and cause breathing troubles and other health issues. Hence, to restore the damage and looks of your bathroom, it’s important to seek professional services as soon as possible.
At Richmond Remodeling Co, we provide all services related to bathroom remodeling, including shower and shower door installation, bathtub installation, etc. Our trained and equipped bathtub installers survey the site and analyze the extent of damage and repair required. They then offer a quote and an action plan for complete remodeling.
General Facts About Shower and Bathtub Installation
Here are some interesting facts about shower heads and bathtubs:
- Water Flow: A standard showerhead produces and wastes half a gallon more than required every minute.
- Water Temperature: The average water temperature people prefer to shower in is 105 degrees Fahrenheit. In contrast, the recommended temperature should be 98-100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Water Consumption: According to EPA, a five-minute shower takes about 10 to 25 gallons. At the same time, a bathtub requires 70 gallons to be filled. So, putting this in the equation, one bath almost equals four showers!
- Shower Size: The standard shower sizes we use at home are around 9 square feet.
- Shower Accidents: As many as 19,000 people die due to slipping, falling, or other accidents in the shower/bath. Approximately one person loses their life every day in a bathroom.
- Rainwater for Showering: Rainwater has several health benefits. It is safe for showering and better for hair than water with heavy metals in its composition.
- Showering Records: Kevin “Catfish” McCarthy set the longest showering record in 1985. He showered for 341 hours straight at Buffalo State College!
- Cold Showers: As per a study in PLoS journal, cold Showers are less likely to make a person sick. 29% of people who take cold Showers are more likely to show up for work.
- Astronauts Do Not Shower: On the ISS, astronauts only use water, liquid soap, and rinse-free shampoo to clean up. e a shower.
Get in Touch With Us
Let’s chat about a professional bathtub or shower update for your Richmond home. We’re excited for the chance to work with you!
Installing a Walk-In Shower
Bathroom Remodeling involves several steps and different projects. One big part of the remodeling is installing walk-in showers. Here’s everything you need to know about it.
The first step is the demolition of the old shower. If you have a tub, you may have to remove it and the wallboard.
Then you’ll need wall framing for the new shower installation. Other things that come with it include installing supply lines, nozzles, faucets, drains, wirings, etc.
Next, you need a wallboard. The wallboard has to be moisture-resistant and installed on the wall studs.
Installation of Shower Pan
Standard shower pans are handmade with concrete, and the drain slope is made by hand. In contrast, a prefab is fixed with the frame.
Installation of Tiles
Tiles are installed on the shower walls in case of a normal shower. Whereas with a prefab shower, you just have to place the wall surround.
Installation of Fixtures
All the spray heads, showerheads, faucets, nozzles, handles, glass wall panels, drain covers, etc., are installed after that.
If your bathtub is getting cracks, looks old, and has redundant stains, consider changing it. Rest assured, at Richmond Remodeling Co; you can get the ideal bathroom within the agreed time and at minimal costs.
Bathtub replacements for one are designed to fit the place with ease.
If you’re re-considering changing your bathtub, you need a custom-designed bathtub for your bathroom that looks aesthetic and works well!
Our team visits your home and takes the measurements of the old bathtub. This way, the new bathtub is fitted and sized to perfection with your bathroom.
It usually only takes less than 24 hours to get the work done.
Our consultation and inspection service are free. So, call us today to book an appointment.
A few significant changes to your surroundings can bring about a whole new look or positive change in your living place.
Hence changing the bathtub can turn a dull old bathroom into a dream bathroom of your choice!
Tub-to-Shower Bathroom Conversion
Showers are the preferred choice for cleaning up due to their easy entry. In addition, the wide shower area gives a completely modern look and makes it worthwhile to have your showering place right by your room.
On the other hand, some people love and prefer the warmth of a bathtub and nice hot baths. The choice ultimately depends on lifestyle, family size, and personal preference.
However, if you are going for complete bathroom remodeling, it may be the right time to consider swapping between the two options.
We have bathtub and shower installers on our panel who meet and discuss the feasibility of installing both at your place. A tub, for one, takes up a lot of space. But, at the same time, a shower place gives you a wide area and an option to make it look luxurious and spacey.
Grab Bars / Caddies and Other Factors that Make Handicap Accessible
We at Richmond Remodeling Co understand the importance of making things easy for everyone. That includes consideration and installation services for fixing caddies and grab bars.
These are installed for people:
- After post-surgical operations who have trouble with mobility
- Aged individuals
- People with disabilities
We have a wide range of grab bars and caddies for everyone. These caddies make it easier for individuals to take a bath and use the toilet independently. Grab bars or handrails can easily be installed by the toilet or shower area to provide support.
You can discuss where and how to install the grab bars with the contractors. Generally, they may be installed as follows:
- Horizontally for supporting sitting, standing, and grabbing positions
- Vertically to help an individual retain balance
- Angular to provide support as per the preference of the client.
Shower Installation and Bathtub Installation
One key consideration with bathroom remodeling or renovation is bathtub installation vs. shower installation. Of course, each has pros and cons, and as more colors, styles, sizes, etc., are available, the decision gets even tougher.
Our shower installers and bathtub installer come highly recommended due to their experience and expertise in the field. In addition, we provide several options for all shower and bathtub fittings for your home.
Moreover, we also understand the need for and importance of having safety features like caddies, walk-in showers, and bars to hold for support. We start from scratch and do everything from replacing fixtures to handling mold, pipe damage, leakages, and other problems within your budget.
We will give your bathroom a new look that’ll make it appealing and inviting. So, call us now or complete our form for a free quote, and our team will get back to you shortly.